For the times when you need comfort.
Boy did I need this ritual! If you don't have immediate access to the things that nurture you, and you find yourself feeling completely disconnected - you have options to remedy this yourself. Granted, it's not quite the same as being held by someone, but I found this to provide serious relief.
As for the essential oils, I went with frankincense due to my nervous system being hyperactive and lit up - but you're welcome to use whatever type of essential oil(s) you feel will best support you. Lavender is another one of my favorite oils for a bath.
Make sure, as you draw the bath that you're setting the intention for how you'd like to be supported by the ritual. Focus on what you're needing and calling into your space to get some relief. I found it helpful to think of an affirmation or mantra to use while I was in the bath for self soothing. If you're in need of safety, affirm safety and tell your body "I am safe and secure." Apply this same idea to whatever it is that you're needing, and you will get so much more out of this ritual.
Even though my initial problem was not completely solved by this bath, I was able to calm myself down, think clearly, and end up taking a lighthearted approach moving forward. This truly was a healing experience in self soothing and was so much more than just a bath - the ritual and intention setting behind this truly does make all the difference.
What you need:
- white candle
- handful of sea salt
- favorite essential oil
- Light candle and place somewhere visible near your bath.
- Draw a bath at a comfortable temperature.
- Sprinkle the sea salt throughout the bath and add a few drops of essential oil.
- Step into the tub and allow yourself to decompress.
- Make sure that you leave all distractions out of the bathroom... no phones, no magazines, no books. None of it.
- Allow yourself to feel nurtured, and at ease as your body is supported by the water.
- Soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Extinguish the candle once finished.
Don't forget to let me know what you get out of this ritual? What is your experience with the Nurturing Bath, make sure you post a comment below or send me an email to let me know how it goes!
So much gratitude,
Rev. Sydney Finn